For today’s Throwback Thursday, I am going way back to one that was taken in September 1972 in Mission Beach, California. I am not sure if it was taken at the beach or the Bay side, at least I think this is the location.
It is of me and my sister, who I called The Drells. When I was little, I couldn’t say the girls, so this name was created. This was taken a few months before our brother was born.
I came across this photo while scanning some pictures a few years ago. I just saw it again yesterday and loved it.
We often wore matching outfits and apparently these bikinis are one of those outfits. I am the brunette and my sister is the blond. I don’t have a clue what we were doing but we seem to be having fun.
We both have loved the beach for a long, long time. You can see that we clearly like having our toes in the sand.
Today, I am thankful for:
- A sister who is a dear friend, amazing woman, and a great teacher
- My brother, who we met soon after this picture was taken, who is also awesome
- Our parents who showed us the love of the ocean, the beach, and the importance of family
- Their spouses and children and my hubby and son who have enriched our family so much
- Mission Beach where I have enjoyed my time with four generations of my family as well as dear friends
- Sand in my toes — both as an almost 5-year-old and now
- The beauty, smell, and feel of the ocean
- Watching the sun set into the ocean
- My grandparents who bought a very special home at the beach
- Amazing family vacations
- Cousins, aunts, uncles, and friends who made the beach time so special
- Adding friends to the love of the neighborhood
- Memories and old photos such as this one
I wonder when the next time will be that I am at the beach with my sister and the rest of our family. I hope it will be soon. After all, we do always have a fun and memorable time!