Teachers are some of the most important people in a young child’s life. We have been so blessed to have three amazing ladies as Ian’s primary teachers – Mrs. Trish in Preschool, Mrs. Kim in Kindergarten, and Mrs. Bonnie in 1st grade. He has learned so much from each of them. And, has liked all of them.
In addition to his main teacher this year, he has teachers for math club, library, art, music, gym, and computer. All of these teachers are also wonderful and so talented in their own areas of expertise. Thanks to all of them for enriching Ian’s life and helping him grow up. You all have been amazing!
We are so very thankful to them for all that they have done for them. We are blessed to be at a great school with adults who are committed to doing the best for the students and the families. Yeah! (This photo is of Ian doing some of his first grade homework.)
Teachers have been in my family for generations. My great-grandmother and grandmother were amazing teachers for many years. My grandpa worked in administration and helped with amazing things for his district. My mother, her brother, one of her sisters, another uncle, my father, my father-in-law, my sister, one of my sisters-in-law, and some cousins were/still are teachers. All of them are amazing and have done a variety of teaching. I also have several very close and dear friends who are teachers.
Teaching is a special calling and for someone who is willing to work very hard. I have seen first hand what it takes to be a great teacher. I am thankful for those willing to give up free time and part of the weekends and evenings for grading papers and preparing lesson plans.
A few quotes on teachers/teaching:
- The task of the excellent teacher is to stimulate “apparently ordinary” people to unusual effort. The tough problem is not in identifying winners: it is in making winners out of ordinary people. ~ K. Patricia Cross
- A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops. ~ Henry Adams
- The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book. ~ Author Unknown
- I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well. ~ Alexander the Great
- The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called “truth.” ~ Dan Rather
- What the teacher is, is more important than what he teaches. ~ Karl Menninger
- If a doctor, lawyer, or dentist had 40 people in his office at one time, all of whom had different needs, and some of whom didn’t want to be there and were causing trouble, and the doctor, lawyer, or dentist, without assistance, had to treat them all with professional excellence for nine months, then he might have some conception of the classroom teacher’s job. ~ Donald D. Quinn
- 2 Teach is
2 Touch lives
~ Author Unknown
- A truly special teacher is very wise, and sees tomorrow in every child’s eyes. ~ Author Unknown
- What a teacher writes on the blackboard of life can never be erased. ~ Author Unknown
- A teacher takes a hand, opens a mind, and touches a heart. ~ Author Unknown
- Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions. ~ Author Unknown
Thanks to all of the teachers in my life and in Ian’s life. We so appreciate all that you do. Remember, you rock!