Hi and Happy Summer. Are you having a good one so far? We are and enjoying our different routine. We were super busy between the last time I wrote and the end of school. There was a lot going on and much to finish. So I have not had the time to write and I have missed it very much.
We are enjoying the down time and the family time. On the other hand, we have been busy with our family business, yet still make time for nice meals together, some shopping and some time to chat without somewhere we have to be each night, or without homework.
We are having time to read, enjoying ice cream, Lego movies and builds, and word finds. I have asked Ian to teach me about chess and I am looking forward to that. He has become a great player and I know almost nothing about the game. I am blessed to have time for that with him.
This summer, Ian has discovered the Harry Potter books. He really likes them and has been taken in by the world that J.K. Rowling has created. I have not read the series yet but think I might. I have heard so many great things about it.
I will have to take more photos of our adventures this summer. I tend to enjoy being in the moment and forget to do that. I am, after all, from a different generation than that of documenting everything on a cell phone. And, I don’t have the right phone to do that with. Perhaps one day.
On this summer day, I am thankful for:
- Later bedtimes and the chance to sleep in
- Homemade dinners and time to visit
- Watching a favorite show or movie together
- Hearing about favorite parts of Ian’s new book
- Enthusiasm of a new Lego set
- Enthusiasm of a new book
- Watching Ian build his new Lego set
- Treats from a favorite bakery
- Walks with my guys
- Times with family
- Family photos and fun times
- Funny times together when laughter turns to tears
- Used books stores where I can find books, bumper stickers, and buttons
- Our slower pace
- Our upcoming beach trip
- Dinners out with friends and family
- Birthday celebrations and new life
Hope you have a great day. I will try to write more over the summer and have plenty to write about. Just finding the time to do it is often a challenge. Please share ideas that you’d like me to blog about. Blessings to you and yours.