Hi and Happy Friday! Happy Valentine’s Day as well. Today’s photo challenge is Heart. Here is a photo that I took last year of some hearts that my son made me in preschool. They are very special and still cherished.
My valentine is his daddy and my hubby, Kirk. I have loved this man for 15 years and counting. He is my best friend, confident, lover, and true love. I am so blessed to have him in my life. Each year gets better with him and I grow to love him even more.
When he proposed to me, he gave me a set of a dozen silk red roses. They are lovely and I still enjoy them very much. He has always been good at giving me real flowers too — often for no special reason. That to me is the most special.
As a mom of a sweet boy, I have a second and very special valentine. Our son Ian truly is a light in our life. He brings us such happiness, along with some frustration, but mainly good stuff. He has taught us to live in the moment and for that I am truly thankful.
Love and hearts to you! May you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!
Here are a few quotes about love and Valentine’s Day:
- “Loving is not just looking at each other, it’s looking in the same direction.” ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- “I don’t understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine’s Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon.” ~Author Unknown
- “Love – a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker.” ~Author Unknown
- “Love is a symbol of eternity. It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end.” ~Author Unknown
- “If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?” ~Author Unknown
- “Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart.” ~Author Unknown
- “Grow old with me! The best is yet to be.” ~Robert Browning