Today’s topic for 5 Minute Friday is Friend. Here the rules:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community…
Now GO …
Friends are a gift from God! We chose our friends and make an effort to spend time with them, so they are extra special.
I have been blessed in my life to have several lifelong friends. A few of these gals I have known for 30 years. That is amazing! It doesn’t seem possible.
There is a great song that I remember singing …
- Friends are friends forever if the Lord’s the Lord of Them
- And a friend will not say never cause the welcome will not end
- Though it’s hard to let you go, in the Father’s hands we know
- That a lifetime’s not too long to live as friends.
That to me sums up real friendship!!
I also love that my friends and I can go for years not seeing each other but when we do, it’s like no time has passed. We pick up right where we left off.
A friend loveth at all times! This is a great piece of scripture.
Whether a friend from childhood, from my work life, from meeting while pregnant, attending a writing seminar, or hanging out at the beach, I have been blessed to meet and know many awesome people. I thank the Lord for each and every one of them! I hope that you too have such friends.
There is so much more to say, but it’s time to say STOP!!
One last thing to add about friends. This is a rhyme I remember from my childhood and still applies, “Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold.”
May you be blessed with a friend-filled life!!
Read more thoughts on “friend” at Lisa-Jo’s Five Minute Friday link-up today.