- To those who hate those who practice other religions, please stop.
- To those who hate other nationalities and races, please stop.
- To those who hate LGBTQ people, please stop.
- To those who hate the poor and homeless, please stop.
- To those who hate the media, please stop.
- To those who hate refugees and immigrants, please stop.
- To those who hate people with special needs, please stop.
- To those who hate people who don’t agree with them, please stop.
- To those who hate anyone, please stop.
We must stop hating and instead start loving. We must stop and not hate again. We must change how we treat others and look at the world. We must treat others with kindness and teach our children to do the same.
We must not encourage others to do violent things or acts, but instead encourage peace and help to others. We must not make fun of those who are different, but instead learn from and applaud those differences.
We must not harm or tease or bully or belittle, but instead show kindness, patience, love and respect. We must not punch or hit or beat someone, but instead keep our hands to ourselves and save our hands for love and hugs that are welcome.
I am truly worried about all of us and our children and future generations since there is so much division, hate and violence. I want it to stop and not happen again. May we teach our children that differences are okay. People are not the enemy when they aren’t the same as us. We must remember that. We must love again and we must show care and kindness to our fellow man.
Please let’s remember the love, remember the peace, remember the compassion, and remember the kindness.
Most of the people I know are kind and loving. To you, I say, please keep up what you are doing and how you are treating others. May we spread kindness and love more quickly than hate and violence.
A few quotes to think about:
- “Hate begets hate; violence begets violence; toughness begets a greater toughness… Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.” — Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- “I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.” — Mahatma Ghandi
- “We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.” — Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- “I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain.” — James A. Baldwin
- “Let’s practice motivation and love, not discrimination and hate.” — Zendaya