Hi and Happy Thursday. Today I have included a photo of my sisters taken in 2009 while on vacation. From left are Beckie (my sis-in-law), me, and my sister Cindy. We were at Mission Beach in CA and enjoying a lovely sunset with oceans views and breezes.
Cindy, Beckie, and I have fun together. We enjoy time with just us as well as our spouses, children, parents, aunts and uncles, cousins, and in-laws. At the beach, we hang out and have extra time to chat and make so many great memories. The sister time is always special.
I have other sisters-in-law on my hubby’s side of the family. He is one of six kids. I also have cousins who are like sisters. They were some of my first real friends after my siblings. I love all of them so very much.
And, I also love my sister friends. I am blessed to have so many great and amazing women in my life. I have friends from school, newer friends from Ian’s school, friends from church, from the places I have worked, and others who I have met in a variety of places. For me, I love having these gals to chat with, cry with, laugh with, and hang out with.
I regularly get together with a group of friends from high school for a girls night out. We have several gals who almost always come and some who come as they can. Each time we pick right back up with one another, talk for hours, laugh, commiserate, and have great food and drinks. I so look forward to those times. I value these friendships and our time together.
Being in a household of men, I hear about guy stuff a lot. Between Kirk and Ian, it isn’t too bad, but I do need to chat with other women sometimes. Nothing like just talking and laughing with girlfriends. I also want to include my mother, mother-in-law, aunts, cousins, and nieces in these women who are so special to me. And my grandmothers were also very special.
A few quotes about sisters:
- “A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.” ~Marion C. Garretty
- “Help one another, is part of the religion of sisterhood.” ~Louisa May Alcott
- “A sister smiles when one tells one’s stories — for she knows where the decoration has been added.” ~Chris Montaigne
- “How do people make it through life without a sister?” ~Sara Corpening
- “Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.” ~Author Unknown
- “In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips.” ~Author Unknown
- “A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life.” ~Isadora James
There is nothing like an inside joke with a sister, or the laughter about a shared experience, or the tears and hugs as you help with one another’s pain. Sisters and sister friends are so important and special.
I wonder when I will next see my sisters? I think it will be soon and I cannot wait!