December is a month of celebration, fun, festivities, family, and friends. It is also a month of amazing blessings. So, I plan to write this month about the many blessings I have in my life. Today’s blessing is family and friends.
I have an amazing family and a terrific circle of friends. I was born into a wonderful family on both my mother’s side and my father’s side. And, I married into a great family. I was also blessed to start my own family. I have always been surrounded by love and that is an incredible blessing.
My friends are equally awesome. Some of them I have known for my entire life, a few through various phases of my life, and some much more recently. Each one has enriched me beyond measure. They have come into my life when needed and are cherished.
This photo was taken last Christmas of me with my brother and sister, and my nephew’s arms are behind the tree. As you can see, we love to be hams for the camera. We all grew up acting in plays, singing in musicals, choirs, and at church.
My siblings were my first friends and have been supports to me throughout my entire life. I love to spend time with them, their spouses, and children. We always have a great time and laugh until our sides ache. We also have fun with our parents and all of us together.
Today is the birthday of my childhood and life-long friend Tammy. We have had so much fun over the years. It was hard for me when she moved away in junior high but we stayed in touch over the years. Now, it is fun to spend time together with our spouses and children.
A few quotes about family and friends:
- “The truth is maybe we are just average. But the way I see it — families where parents get up every morning and go to jobs that are hard so they can get their kids through school and through life, and struggle to make it all work and manage to do it with dignity and a little humor — well, that’s not average. That’s extraordinary.” ~DeAnn Heline and Eileen Heisler, The Middle
- “Families are like fudge — mostly sweet with a few nuts.” ~ Author unknown
- “To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.” ~ Barbara Bush
- “Across the range of diverse experiences and traditions that have been written into our Nation’s story, family has remained a steadfast and common foundation. Every day, families offer comfort and support to one another with enduring and unconditional love and they contribute to their communities and our country.” ~President Barack Obama
- “A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be.” ~ Douglas Pagels
- “Friendship is like a rainbow between two hearts.” ~ Author unknown
- “A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they’re not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they’re not so bad.” ~ Arnold H. Glasgow
- “A true friend is forever a friend.” ~ George MacDonald
Thank you Lord for my wonderful family and friends. Please bless each and every one of them. And may you be blessed as well.