I took it several years ago of Ian at the beach. It is one of the first times he was able to stand in the ocean by himself without getting knocked over. I love how he is watching the water rush over his feet as the waves go in and out.
He was fascinated with the speed of the water, the feel of the waves and the squishy sand. I loved watching this learnable moment. He has come to love the ocean, the waves, the sand, and all of the amazing colors of the water as much as I have.
Ian has helped me to live in the moment and savor each activity or project that I am working on. He is very good about living life to the fullest and making the most of each moment. Kirk and I have learned a lot from him and continue to do so.
A few moments that I am thankful for this morning:
- Trips to the ocean with family and friends
- Messy hair and long cuddles
- Starting the day with my two favorite guys
- Crisp bacon and hot coffee
- Hearing “I love you” from my hubby and son
- Saying “I love you” in response
- Bright sun on a crisp and cold day
- Gloves and a brisk walk into the school
- The anticipation of new library books
- A warm house
A few quotes about Moment:
- “Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all that we need, not more.” — Mother Theresa
- “For a moment at least, be a smile on someone else’s face.” — Dejan Stajonvic
- “Anything can happen to anyone at any time and you shouldn’t just live through the days, or you lose them. You should do what you can to enjoy every moment.”– Sarah Brightman
- “Stop waiting for the perfect day or the perfect moment… Take THIS day, THIS moment and lead it to perfection.”– Steve Maraboli
- “All it takes is a single moment.” — Alison McGhee
- “Every moment – something beautiful happens.”– Jay Woodman
I wonder if I can remember to make the most of each and every moment that I have. I plan to do just that. To making each moment count!!