March 17 is the day to wear green so you don’t get pinched. It is the day of green food and shamrocks and the day to celebrate all things Irish.
It is the day to enjoy corned beef and cabbage or Irish Stew. It is the day to have a green beer and have a party with friends and family. It is a day for celebration and fun.
Hope you have a wonderful St. Patrick’s Day! May the luck of the Irish be yours today!
This photo is of Ian from a St. Patrick’s Day parade that we went to in 2009. He enjoyed the festivities and all of the green.
Here is one of my favorite Irish blessings in honor of today.
- May the road rise up to meet you
- May the wind be always at your back
- May the sunshine warm upon your face
- The rain fall soft upon your fields
- And until we meet again
- May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
And here is a Wish For A Friend:
- Wishing you a rainbow
- For sunlight after showers—
- Miles and miles of Irish smiles
- For golden happy hours—
- Shamrocks at your doorway
- For luck and laughter too,
- And a host of friends that never ends
- Each day your whole life through!
And an Old Irish Blessing:
- May love and laughter light your days, and warm your heart and home.
- May good and faithful friends be yours, wherever you may roam.
- May peace and plenty bless your world with joy that long endures.
- May all life’s passing seasons bring the best to you and yours!
Hope you have a fun and blessed day!
Hi and Happy Monday! Happy St. Patrick’s Day as well! Today is our first day of spring break. We actually slept in until 8 a.m. and it was fabulous! We rarely sleep that late anymore so it was a real treat. It has been a nice and lazy morning.
We all remembered to wear green today. Did you? Ian was excited and searched through his clothes to find just the right outfit. We’ll have to see about Irish food for dinner and a pint of something!
Here is a picture of a rainbow that Ian and I made together. It has a pot of gold next to it. I thought it would be a fun one for today.
One of my favorite blessings is Irish and I wanted to share that with you today. The Irish Blessing states: “May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face; the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand.”
Here are a few quotes about St. Patrick’s Day and a blessing:
- “St. Patrick’s Day is an enchanted time – a day to begin transforming winter’s dreams into summer’s magic.” ~Adrienne Cook
- “If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?” ~Stanislaw J. Lec
- “For each petal on the shamrock this brings a wish your way – Good health, good luck, and happiness for today and every day.”
- “May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow, and may trouble avoid you wherever you go.” ~Irish Blessing
- “Never iron a four-leaf clover, because you don’t want to press your luck. ” ~Author Unknown
- “If you’re enough lucky to be Irish, you’re lucky enough!” ~Irish Saying
I wonder if I will have good luck and fun today? I sure hope so and hope that you will as well! Happy St. Paddy’s Day!!