How is it where you live? I know some places around the country are a lot worse than us in terms of snow, ice, etc. And, there are others that are nice and warm.
We are having a nice day at home so far and are not sure when we will be able to get out. Right now, it is too cold and dangerous. Thankfully we have what we need so far. I just hope and pray that will continue.
- Underground utilities and the fact our power hasn’t gone out. At least not yet.
- Movies that we can watch when our satellite service goes out.
- Piles of library books to enjoy reading.
- The local radio station for news and music.
- Our local television reporters and meteorologists who are keeping us informed on our community.
- Pancakes, bacon, syrup, milk, and hot tea for breakfast.
- Not having to leave home on a snow day.
- The fact that so many businesses and schools are closed today.
- Line workers who restore power that is lost.
- Road crews who salt and brine the roads.
- Tow truck drivers who respond during accidents.
- Police officers who respond when needed.
- Fire fighters who ensure our safety.
- Paramedics who restore life and keep us safe.
- Doctors and nurses working at hospitals throughout the night.
I wonder when the ice and snow will begin to melt? Not sure if it will be today or not. Could be a long week at home. Here’s hoping and praying that power stays on and that trees don’t break.