Hi and Happy Monday. Today is my wedding anniversary with my hubby Kirk and also my father’s birthday. What a special day it is. The top photo is of me with my dad the year before Ian was born. The bottom photo is of my groom, Ian, and me.
Over the weekend, we celebrated my dad and a family friend and had a blast. Our family and friends always make a big deal about birthdays. I just love that. We celebrate each person, have great meals and cakes and ice cream, and give gifts and cards as well. The birthday boy or girl chooses the special meal that is made in his or her honor. There is also singing and lots of photos.
This morning, Kirk and I had breakfast, reminisced about our wedding day, and gave each other cards. We are both quite busy and will celebrate more later. More importantly, we are loving and kind to each other each day. Or at least try to be. We are also best friends and love doing stuff together.
My hubby and my dad are two of my favorite guys. I am so very blessed and so thankful for both of them and all that they have meant to me. It was great for Dad to share his special day with us. I love them both so very much.
Today I am thankful for:
- A father who has always loved me, flaws and all
- A father who has taught me so very much
- A husband who I treasure more each year
- A husband who is my partner on life’s journey
- A father who is great with Ian
- A father and mother who have shown what true love really is
- A husband who adores his son
- A husband who loves to spend time with me and our son
- A father who loves unconditionally
- A hubby who loves unconditionally
Today I celebrate my hubby and my father and thank the Lord for both of them. Kirk and Dad, hope you both have terrific days! Also, Happy United Nations Day.