Hi and Happy Halloween! Today is the day for costumes, candy, pumpkins, trick-or-treating, and being scared and scary. Well, at my house, we don’t like being scared or scaring others, so we won’t be doing any of that. But the rest, we are looking forward to!
For today’s Flashback Friday, I decided to include a few Halloween costumes from year’s past. First is Ian dressed like a pilot from a few years ago. The other one is of him as Elmo and me in a similar top and sweater.
Tonight, Ian will be dressed as a knight. This costume is one that my sister gave us as a hand-me-down. It is supposed to rain tonight and Ian told me this morning, “Mom, knights don’t carry umbrellas.” “You are right Ian, so what should we do?” I asked him.
We then decided that we can give out candy in costume to other kids and he seems to really like that idea. I think he was happy that he wouldn’t get wet that way.
Whatever the weather brings, we will have a good time. We hope that you do as well.
On this Halloween day, I am thankful for:
- Messy morning hair on a sweet boy
- The excitement of dress-up
- Lovely fall colors
- A fun dinner out last night with some good friends
- Having Ian help pick the candy we will give out
- Trick-or-treating with Ian
- A garage that keeps our cars warm on cold mornings
- Pumpkin spice creamer for my coffee
- The crackle and smell of cooking bacon
- Having my parents over for dinner and Halloween fun
- The sun coming up for the start of a new day
- A weekend of time at home
- An extra hour of sleep on Saturday night before we change the clocks
- The forecast of snow over the weekend
- The feel of warm, just-washed towels and sheets (it’s laundry day)
- Lunch out with my hubby
- Catching up with old friends
- Making time to spend with new friends
- Having an opportunity for early voting and waiting in a long line
- A good report card and conference with Ian’s teacher
- Prayer support from friends and family
- The ending of my favorite month, October
I wonder what fun and adventures this Halloween day and night will bring? I look forward to finding out! Take care and be safe!