I cannot believe that it is almost the end of October. It seems like we just started this month and I have not written any blogs. Life has been busy and stressful so I haven’t taken the time to write. Sheesh.
Early this month, my son became a teenager. That was amazing and a fun day. We got to spend it outside with masks on with one of his dear friends who also became a teenager. Seeing our friends was good for my son and for me.
Also, this is the month that Kirk and I got married, so I am a bit sad with the memories of what could and should have been versus what actually is. I am blessed with lots of photos and memories and people to share our stories with. Still, along with the good, there is a bit of melancholy.
I have been extremely busy with work — in finishing last school year’s work and report cards for the students who we work with in the family business. I am also working on the current school year. In addition, my son had some school work that he did over break and continues to work on assignments. Plenty to do, that’s for sure.
On the good side, I have family and friends who celebrate birthdays this month and that is great. We are primarily celebrating at a distance which is I guess what we should be doing during a pandemic. Still it is hard to not be with loved ones during special times.
Medical procedures, sick family members and friends, and favorite pets having health issues are weighing on me as well. So I pray, cry as needed, and talk to our loved ones to get the latest information and know how to help them. Meditation, deep breathing, and walks also help. Seems there is always something, so I am trying to find ways to deal with them.
Along with the bad, there is a lot of good. So, this month I am thankful for:
- My memories of the ocean and its splendor
- Our time spent with family and friends at the beach
- Fall break at home – we enjoyed it although it went by really fast
- Sleeping in before a busy day of work
- Cooler weather so I can be outside more
- Walks around our neighborhood
- My son with all of his talents and gifts
- Finishing one book series — Harry Potter for the second time
- Starting a new book series that my son wanted me to read — Artemis Fowl
- Hot tea and coffee
- Soups and sandwiches or salads
- Watching movies with a bowl of popcorn
- Enjoying favorite comedies and laughing together
- My family and friends — although we miss seeing most of them, they are loved
- Working at home so I can watch over my son’s school work and time
I will try to write more in the upcoming weeks. It has just been a super busy month for us, despite primarily staying at home. May you stay safe and healthy! We are trying to do the same.