To Dad, I say thank you for teaching me all that you did, for being so attentive and interested in your family and our activities, for showing me the importance of being a good steward with my money, and for spending time with our family.
To Kirk, I want to say thanks so much for loving me as much as you do, for being an amazing father to our son, for being a great friend, partner and so much more, for always making me laugh and for comforting me when I cry, and for sharing in all of the little and important things with me. You are the best!
I remember the day of our wedding so vividly and cherish the memories of both of you that day. Dad walking me down the aisle to greet my hubby-to-be, having the opportunity to dance with both of you, and being able to share the day is such a gift. You are both such a blessing to me and I thank the Lord for you each day.
A few quotes about marriage:
- “The bonds of matrimony are like any other bonds — they mature slowly.”~ Peter De Vries
- “To keep the fire burning brightly there’s one easy rule: Keep the two logs together, near enough to keep each other warm and far enough apart — about a finger’s breadth — for breathing room. Good fire, good marriage, same rule.” ~ Marnie Reed Crowell
- “Newlyweds become oldyweds, and oldyweds are the reasons that families work.” ~ Author Unknown
- “Success in marriage does not come merely through finding the right mate, but through being the right mate.” ~ Barnett R. Brickner
A few quotes about fathers:
- “My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, “You’re tearing up the grass.” “We’re not raising grass,” Dad would reply. “We’re raising boys.”” ~ Harmon Killebrew
- “He didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” ~ Clarence Budington Kelland
- “A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.” ~ Author Unknown
- “A father carries pictures where his money used to be.” ~ Author Unknown
I wonder if these two fine men will truly understand how great they are and how dear they are to me? I will do my best to let them know and look forward to special time with each of them.