Hi and Happy Wednesday! Today’s photo challenge is Family. I am blessed with an amazing family. Both the one I grew up in and with and the one that I married into. I am thankful for these amazing people – all different, all unique, all special.
From my family, I have learned that differences of opinion are okay and to be respected. I have learned the meaning of unconditional love. I have learned how to deal with the joys and sorrows of life. And, I have learned about partnership, acceptance, and forgiveness.
I have learned so much on every subject from my family. We all have our own ideas and are comfortable with sharing them. That to me is an amazing blessing.
My family is perhaps unusual in that we like to be together, we look out for one another, and we truly love one another. We don’t always agree and may have arguments. Still there is love and respect and a bond that I am thankful for each day.
This photo is one of my favorites ever taken of my hubby, me, and our son. We were on vacation at the beach and being silly for the camera as usual. For some reason, Ian and I had our mouths wide open. I wish I could remember why our mouths are so big. Anyway, I love this family of three so very much and cherish them both.
For my family who I love so much, I am thankful for:
- Parents who love me unconditionally
- Siblings I can always count on
- Cousins who are true friends
- Aunts and uncles who loved me like their own
- Grandparents who I will always cherish
- My amazing husband and our family
- A child who I cannot imagine life without
- In-laws who accept and love me
- Brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law who are truly siblings
- Nieces and nephews who I knew and loved before Ian was born
- Friends made long ago
- Friends made in all walks of my life
- Loved ones I have lost and will never forget
A few quotes about family:
- “The truth is maybe we are just average. But the way I see it — families where parents get up every morning and go to jobs that are hard so they can get their kids through school and through life, and struggle to make it all work and manage to do it with dignity and a little humor — well, that’s not average. That’s extraordinary.” ~ DeAnn Heline and Eileen Heisler, The Middle
- “Families are like fudge — mostly sweet with a few nuts.” ~ Author Unknown
- “The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another’s desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together.” ~ Erma Bombeck
- “Ohana means family — no one gets left behind, and no one is ever forgotten.” ~ Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois, Lilo & Stitch
- “When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses.” ~ Joyce Brothers
- “Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.” ~ Jane Howard
- “Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing.” ~ Donna Hedges
I wonder who of my family I will see over the holidays? I hope I will see each and every one of them. That will probably not happen. Still, I will be in touch with all of them. Hugs and love to you all!!