My how has he changed since this photo. He was into all things that preschoolers love. He had fun at Christmas but this year is different. He now understands what it’s all about, enjoys reading his Advent calendar each day, and had fun drafting a long letter to Santa.
In 2010, he got the Candyland game and we played it for hours and hours. Last year, he received Monopoly and was equally thrilled. Also, in 2010, Ian received a large fire truck that he was able to get into and play with. He loved it and still enjoys it today.
I have always loved Christmas and love that he enjoys it as much as I do. He is very excited to have just today and tomorrow left at school before our break. Let the holiday fun begin!
Today I am thankful for so much. We are blessed and fortunate to have our family traditions and our family and friends to enjoy being with. Among my blessings are:
- Family traditions with my family of 3 and extended family
- Ian reading his Advent Bible verses each day
- Shopping with Ian for an angle tree gift
- Christmas shows with my guys
- Hot chocolate and popcorn in the evenings
- Advent services and meals at church (even though we missed a few because of illness)
- Christmas party at school
- Parties with friends
- Making fudge for gifts
- Crafting ornaments and other things
- Choosing favorite photos
- Playing games with friends and family
- Hours and hours of fun and laughter
- A break from our usual routine
- Seeing friends after years apart
- Special dinner out with my hubby
- The upcoming birth of our Savior
- Messy hair and pjs on Christmas morning
And a few quotes about Christmas:
- “The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.” ~ Burton Hillis
- “One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don’t clean it up too quickly.” ~ Andy Rooney
- “Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.” ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
- “Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas. “~ Peg Bracken
May you blessed and enjoy this holiday season.