I have decided to change Thursday Tunes to Tuesday Tunes. Then on Thursday, I will be adding Thursday Throwbacks.
Thursday Throwbacks will include old pictures, old quotes, and I may even revisit an old blog or two. This way I have a few more days of items to write about!
Today’s Tuesday’s Tunes is about My Favorite Dance Music.
As I mentioned in Friday’s blog, there are a few songs that I cannot just listen to, but have to get up and dance. Over the weekend, I thought of a few more and decided to include them in my blog.
You will notice that a lot of them are from the 1980s and 1990s, with a few from the 1970s. This is the time that I went out dancing a lot and many of these are the songs that I loved then and still do today.
During my senior year of college, my friend Dawn and I went out almost every weekend to a neighboring city to dance. We went to a great place where we had a lot of friends. Both of us were mainly about the dancing and it was so much fun!
Not all of these were played at this club, but I liked to dance to them on the radio or other places. In more recent years, I have enjoying dancing with my neighbors at the beach! That is fun too.
These bring back such great memories for me! I looked up a few lists online to find these treasures!
What are some of your favorite dance songs? Please share them.
Here is my list of 36 great dance songs:
- “The Electric Slide”
- “Stayin’ Alive” by the Bee Gees
- “Very Superstitious” by Stevie Wonder
- “Good Vibrations” by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch
- “Rhythm Nation” by Janet Jackson
- “Rock this Town” by the Stray Cats
- “Let’s Groove” by Earth, Wind, and Fire
- “”Livin’ the Vida Loca” by Ricky Martin
- “The Way You Make Me Feel” by Michael Jackson
- “PYT (Pretty Young Thing)” by Michael Jackson
- “Celebration” by Kool and The Gang
- “Push It” by Salt -n- Pepa
- “Super Freak” by Rick James
- “Vogue” by Madonna
- “Pump up the Jam” by Technotronic
- “Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin'” by Michael Jackson
- “I Can’t Wait” by Nu Shooz
- “In My House” Mary Jane Girls
- “You Spin Me Round” by Dead or Alive
- “Footloose” by Kenny Loggins
- “Highway to the Danger Zone (from Top Gun)” by Kenny Loggins
- “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” by Wham
- “Nasty” by Janet Jackson
- “Come Go With Me” by Expose
- “The Glamorous Life” by Sheila E
- “Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)” by C&C Music Factory
- “The Power” by Snap!
- “Finally” by Cece Peniston
- “Gettin’ Jiggy With It” by Will Smith
- “Everybody, Everybody” with Black Box Feat
- “What is Love?” by Haddaway
- “All That She Wants” by Ace of Base
- “Too Shy” by Kajagoogoo
- “Two of Hearts” by Stacy Q
- “Express Yourself” by Madonna
- “Back to Life” by Soul II Soul
I know there are others that I have also liked over the years, but this is my list for today. I would love to listen to each and every one of these songs again!
I will have to work on a more current list of 2000s songs for my next blog. There are a lot of great songs now and in the past 20 years.
I wonder what song I will hear first today that I can dance to. I look forward to finding out.