I love his calm face, his posture, and the setting. I don’t remember exactly why he was sitting like that, but he looks like he is saying a quick prayer. Or he is enjoying the sound of the ocean and the feel of the breeze and thinking about what he will be doing next.
I am pretty sure, however, that he jumped up soon after this picture was taken to go and play in the sand. Sitting still at this age was rare.
I love the color blue — especially the blue of the ocean and the lovely sky. I can look at both the ocean and sky and be calmed and happy. My favorite shade of blue is actually turquoise. I also like royal blue. I like these bright bold colors. One of my favorite blouses includes both of these colors of blue.
Today I am thankful for:
- A bright blue winter sky
- Looking at Ian’s blue eyes as he tells me good morning
- Memories of fun times at the beach
- Incorporating the color blue in our baby shower decorations before Ian was born
- The lovely blue ocean as it touches the horizon
- The turquoise blue beach house
- Handwritten notes from my hubby and son telling me they love me
- Getting better after feeling blue
- Our soft blue and white blanket on the couch
- Family vacations
- Homework that gets done quickly
I wonder what else I will see that is blue or that makes me smile? Can’t wait to find out! Have a great day!