The year 2012 flew by and was full of many good things and some bad as well. I am hopeful for a better year this year.
Are you making any New Year’s Resolutions this year? This is the start of a new year and a new slate so we can resolve to make some changes.
Or we can just plan to make them and not be done with them after a few months as often happens with resolutions.
Here are a few things that I want to do in 2013:
- Have more time with my friends and family
- Write regularly and make time for writing a story or book
- Practice the piano more often
- Exercise at least 30 minutes each day
- Eat less and eat better food
- Read my Bible each day
- Prepare myself for Ian starting kindergarten
- Have regular dates with my husband
- Read more and watch less television
- Finally lose the baby weight!!!
These are the first things that I could think of. Perhaps there are more but I think this is enough for now.
I hope that you too can do whatever you set your mind to as this new year begins! Enjoy!!
A few quotes about the new year:
- “New Year’s Day is every man’s birthday.” ~ Charles Lamb
- “Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us.” ~ Hal Borland
- “Many people look forward to the new year for a new start on old habits. ” ~ Author Unknown
- “A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other.” ~ Author Unknown
- “Every man should be born again on the first day of January. Start with a fresh page. Take up one hole more in the buckle if necessary, or let down one, according to circumstances; but on the first of January let every man gird himself once more, with his face to the front, and take no interest in the things that were and are past.” ~ Henry Ward Beecher
- “New Year’s Day: Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.” ~ Mark Twain