Here I am with my parents as a toddler at my favorite beach — Mission Beach in San Diego, California. I love that Mom and Dad wanted to get me in the water. I seemed to like it even then.
Of course, back then I wasn’t walking yet. However, I did try crawling at the beach and seemed to enjoy it too. My dad raced to keep up with me, as you can see in the second photo.
For as long as I can remember (and longer apparently), I have loved the beach, the ocean, and sand. And, since I have been able to walk, I have enjoyed walking at this beach and the neighborhood around it.
This beach is one of the best places to walk, as is the nearby boardwalk. There you can see all walks of life, people riding bicycles, skateboarding, rollerblading, running, and walking. There even is a man who skates in slow motion.
In addition to my beach walks, I also enjoy walking in our neighborhood. And, this school year, I have enjoyed walking Ian to and from school. We have adventures each time, enjoy talking or he asks me questions and I do my best to answer them, and we look at nature. It has been a blessing for me and he seems to enjoy it.
A few quotes about walking:
- “My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She’s ninety-seven now, and we don’t know where the heck she is.”– Ellen DeGeneres
- “I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.” — Noel Coward
- “If you seek creative ideas go walking. Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk.”– Raymond I. Myers
- “When real people fall down in life, they get right back up and keep on walking.” — Michael Patrick King
- “In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.” — John Muir
- “Make your feet your friend.” __ J.M. Barrie
I wonder when I will able to walk next at this favorite beach? I hope soon. In the meantime, I will enjoy walks in many other places.
(oops, wrong date when this was first published.)