Hi and Happy Thursday! I cannot believe that it is almost the end of May. Where has this month gone? I also can’t believe that I have only written one other time this month. Sheesh! Things have been so busy with the family business, PTO activities, end of the school year stuff, being sick, family times, and so much more.
We did have a great start of the month with a fun trip to a baseball game, a school concert, a lovely lunch out for mother’s day, and then I became ill with sinus issues. This year the pollen has been awful and it finally got me after extra time outside. Not smart but we sure did have fun.
I included this photo today since it is such a special one of me, my mother, and grandmother. Three gals in our bikinis. Summer memories indeed. This photo is a treasure. I love the three of us walking hand in hand. I had so much fun and learned so much from these two amazing women.
And, this week, I am glad that it is almost summer. We are ready for a break in our routine and for some extra time to relax. How about you? We are not going to the beach this summer, but we do plan to have fun. We will take a few trips, go swimming, sign up for our library’s summer reading program, see some movies, take walks, eat ice cream, play games, stay in our pajamas all day (some days), go to a few favorite restaurants, visit a book store, and more.
For now we are counting down our days. It is hard to believe that third grade is almost finished. My the year has flown. Here are a few things I am thankful for today:
- My mother and grandmother
- All of the amazing mothers I know
- My friends who aren’t mothers
- The gift of being a mother
- Weekend fun times with my hubby and son
- Special meals out with family and friends
- Hearing Ian sing a solo during a school concert
- Baseball game with my parents, hubby, and son
- Ice cream treats
- Singing along to The Hamilton soundtrack with Ian
- Old family photos
- Escaping in the world of a favorite library book
- Our library’s summer reading program
I wonder if we will remember to savor these last days of school before summer begins. I will try to do just that. Hope you can as well!