He was studying a rock and was quite interested in the feel and the weight of it. He has always been curious and has wanted to learn more. For that we are truly thankful.
Texture is defined in several ways: (1) the way that something feels when you touch it; (2) the way that a food or drink feels in your mouth; and (3) the various parts of a song, poem, movie, etc., and the way they fit together.
The first definition is the most common one regarding texture. We touch things to learn more about them. A lot can be discovered from the feel of something. A few touches and textures that come to mind are:
- The feel of sand in my fingers or toes
- Holding hands during a prayer
- Drinking ice-cold water on a hot day
- Savoring an ice cream cone
- Making a snow ball
- The touch, feel, and taste of popcorn
- Holding Ian’s hand as we cross the street
- The feel of a warm mug of hot cocoa on a cold day
- The taste of that cocoa
- Hugs and kisses with my hubby
- Messy dirt as flowers are planted
- A stone that Ian found for me at the beach
- The crunch of a yummy salad
- The pairing of warm hot fudge and cold vanilla ice cream
There are so many items of texture that we can feel and taste and have in our lives. I have the texture of a variety of friends and family. They enrich my life in so many ways. For that I am truly thankful and blessed. As far as the texture of songs and movies, I will write about that in a separate blog.
One quote by actor Ralph Fiennes that I found about texture states, “Little moments can have a feeling and a texture that is very real.” That is so true. Life is made up of small and little moments that can be special and are not to be missed. Each day I savor those little moments and know that they will change as life goes on.
Today I am thankful for:
- Cuddles and chatting before school
- Breakfast with my hubby
- Hearing I love you from my guys
- Saying I love you in return
- Enjoying dinner with my parents
- Laughter and fun with friends
- Sunshine for an afternoon walk
- Super Bowl party with my family
- The upcoming weekend
- Reading books
- Reading a story that Ian has written
- Having the ability to feel textures
I wonder if I will pay attention to textures throughout the day? I plan to do just that. I will also continue to appreciate the little moments in my life.