I miss the writing, but I am having a lot of fun with long conversations with Ian, having time for work and play, staying up later than we normally do, and having time to relax.
This picture was taken a few years ago of Ian at the beach. He was playing in Mission Bay and having a great time!
Here are a few thoughts and quotes about the summer. Enjoy! I will try to post more regularly very soon.
Summer to me is:
- Lazy mornings
- Bare feet in the sand and surf
- An ice cream treat on a hot day
- Playing games for hours
- Reading one book after the other
- Long walks
- Lots of laughs and fun times
- Long conversations with friends and family
- Heat and humidity in the south
- Cool weather in Southern California
- The Beach Boys music and other beachy music
- Playing with Ian
- Listening to Ian talk about his favorite Lego build
- The sun not setting until almost 10 p.m.
- Swimming at the pool and ocean
A few quotes about summer:
- “The tans will fade but the memories will last forever.” — Unknown
- “It’s a cruel season that makes you get ready for bed while it’s light out.” — Bill Watterson
- “The summer night is like a perfection of thought.” — Wallace Stevens
- “In summer, the song sings itself.” — William Carlos Williams
- “Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.” — Sam Keen
- “Hey! It’s summer! Be free and happy and danceful and uninhibited and now-y!” — Terri Guillemets
- “Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” — Henry James
- “Every summer has its own story.” — Unknown
- “Summer — Hair gets lighter. Skin gets darker. Water gets warmer. Drinks get colder. Music gets louder. Nights get longer. Life gets better.” — Unknown
I wonder what the rest of the summer will bring? I imagine a lot of fun and a trip to the beach. Can’t wait! Have a great one!!!