For her birthday, she wrote about 44 things that she’d learned. They are so good that I decided to borrow a few! Hope you don’t mind Dawn!
Here some thoughts from my wise friend. Her quotes are in italics and then I had a few comments to add.
- “Days can seem long, but life is short.” I love this! It is so true since some days just seem to drag on and on. But then others seem to fly by. And, it seems it was just the first of the year and here we already are in mid-May. Life is short and important to enjoy. Make the most of each moment!!
- “Relationships are what is important. We are each made for relationship.” This is so very true. Spending time with loved ones is so much more important and special than just about anything to me. As I get older, I realize how true this is. I am blessed with many kinds of relationships and hope you are as well.
- “Messy won’t kill you… it might aggravate, irritate, and you might need to fumigate… but it won’t kill you.” This I love since I am not the neatest person. I try but honestly, I have so many other things to do that being neat is always at the bottom of the list. My husband puts up with a lot — my piles of items that I need to straighten up. And, Dawn knows how I am.
- “It’s fun having friendships that have lasted the years.” Yes, it truly is. I hope that each of you has at least one friend who you has been in your life for a very long time! This is a true blessing from God!
- “Children are a gift from God Himself.” This I know to be true. I truly feel honored and blessed to have our son. My husband and I waited until later in life to have him and truly feel like he is the perfect addition to our family. And, we are so blessed to have many nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends who are also great kids!
- “I could eat Mexican food every day.” Me too! In fact, I craved this food while pregnant with Ian and now he likes it too. Tacos, enchiladas, beans, and the list goes on!!
- “Remember the good things.” This is true and sometimes hard to practice. It always seems to be easy to remember the bad and hard things in life. But remembering the good is truly important.
- “Know that bad times will pass. They always do. It won’t be that way forever.” Even though the awful seems to never end, it will and it always does. This is a light at the end of the tunnel, but it sometimes takes a while to get there.
- “Laugh. Laugh a lot. Laugh at yourself.” This is great advice and something I like to do every day. Have you ever laughed so hard you cried? That is an amazing experience that I hope you have sometime in your life!
- “I’m not in control of life . . . even though I like to think I am.” To me it’s a great comfort that God is in control. We can sometimes think that we are, but we really aren’t.
- “Tell people that you love, that you love them. Say it over and over again. You need to say it. They need to hear it.” Yes, I totally agree. Something so important for us to do.
- “God is good. All the time.” AMEN!
I hope you are as blessed by these wise thoughts from Dawn as I was. This is just a portion of her 44 items. Please check out her blog to read the rest.