Hi and Happy Wednesday! I recently joined a poetry prompt via the Word Press site. They give styles and subjects to write about. One day our writing was to be on Water as the subject. I didn’t write it then but decided to today.
Here are some thoughts on water and a poem as well. One of my favorite writers who was quite good at rhyming was Dr. Seuss. I love that Ian likes him as much as I do. Very cool! We are celebrating him this month at school.
Water is something that I love and cannot live without. I drink a lot of it each day with ice. Cold water keeps me going and is satisfying. I love having running water that I can drink in my house. I truly feel spoiled to be able to do that.
Also the water that becomes hot for dishes, showers, laundry, and baths is wonderful. This too is an amazing gift and very special to have. I have learned not to take it for granted and feel quite blessed to have it.
I also love salt water — in the sea and ocean, tears, and sweat. These are three powerful types of salt water. I love the ocean and its beauty. I feel calmed when at the beach and love it. I love to watch the ebb and flow of the waves.
Sweat is great since it shows up when you are working hard at exercise and working on staying fit. It feels good to break a sweat and I am trying to do more of those. Tears for me sometimes flow very easily — both from happiness and sadness. Sometimes a quick cry can help things get better.
This past week we also saw the destruction of water and problems when it goes where it shouldn’t. Thankfully there wasn’t that much of that!
- Water quenches a thirst like nothing else
- Relief from heat is given
- Nothing like the ice-cold taste on your tongue
- To relieve you when overly driven
- It flows in the shower and washes all cares away
- It feels great on your feet at the beach
- Water is great both fresh and salty
- And something never far from our reach
- Water drips from the roof
- Pooling below on the ground
- Inches upon inches pile up
- And lead to mud all around
- After the snow and ice, the water was everywhere
- I wondered if there would be a flood
- Thankfully it started to recede away
- And that was very good
Not my best poem but a try nonetheless. What are your thoughts on water?