This first photo is from years and years ago of me with Mom at the beach house. We as usual had windblown hair and were wearing our sunglasses. It is one of my favorites of the two of us. The next is on the same porch when I was very young (and so were my parents).
Happy Mother’s Day to all moms. I want to wish my mother, my mother-in-law, my sister, my sisters-in-law, my aunts, cousins, nieces, and friends a very Happy Mother’s Day! May you have wonderful and special celebrations.
I want to say thanks to my mom for all that she taught me. She loved my siblings and me and was always there for us. She showed us what mothering is all about. I am fortunate to have learned from her how to be a mother for my own child.
Until I became a mother I had no idea what it felt like to have your heart living outside of your body. Or having a little person who has heard a mom’s heart from the inside. Wow! Motherhood is a gift and I am happy to be a part of the club.
Not to say it’s always easy because it isn’t. There are struggles and many tough times but with other mothers to help and our spouses, the journey seems easier. Thanks to all of the moms in my life who have taught me, supported me, and have been there for me.
A few quotes about mothers:
- “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” ~ Author Unknown
- “All mothers are working mothers.” ~ Author Unknown
- “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” ~ Sophia Loren
- “Mother — that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries.” ~ T. DeWitt Talmage
- “Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” ~ Marion C. Garretty
- “A mom’s hug lasts long after she lets go.” ~ Author Unknown
Happy Mother’s Day! Hope you enjoy your weekend. I plan to.