So far my 50s have been fabulous and lots of fun. Although I have had a time coming to terms with this age, I realize that age is just a number and I will continue to have fun and enjoy myself. Well, that is my plan.
I found a list of people, items, events, and more that happened in 1967. I realized that I am in very good company. We are all 50 and Fabulous!
1967 was a great year for me and for many others. So, happy 50th to everyone and everything on this list.
- Rolling Stone Magazine
- The Carol Burnett Show
- Harry Connick, Jr.
- The Jungle Book
- 60 Minutes newsmagazine
- Anderson Cooper
- Julia Roberts
- Faith Hill
- Tim McGraw
- Several high school friends and one of my cousins
- Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band album
- The Outsiders book
- The 25th Amendment
- “Respect” by Aretha Franklin
- Lite Bright
- The Graduate movie
- Bonnie and Clyde movie
- Thurgood Marshall being named to the Supreme Court
- Lauren Graham
- Will Ferrell
- Keith Urban
- Nicole Kidman
- Jamie Foxx
- The ATM Machine
- “All You Need Is Love” by The Beatles
- In The Heat of the Night movie
- Hair, The Musical
- Cool Hand Luke movie
- The countertop microwave
- The Flying Nun television show
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
- Billie Jean King’s championship win
- The Chevy Camaro
- The handheld calculator
- The Slurpee drink
- The Big Mac
- Ding-Dongs and Ho-Hos
- The game Battleship
- Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner movie
- “Daydream Believer” by The Monkees
Before I did some research, I had no idea all of these things happened the year I was born, or that all of these people were born that year. I am sure there are a lot more, but this is a great listing for now.
It is amazing to think I have been alive for a half century now. I know what is truly important in my life — my family and friends and spending time with them. For that I am thankful and grateful. Blessings abound! To the next 50!!!!