Hi and Happy Saturday! Today’s Photo-A-Day Challenge is Sparkle. I thought this photo captured that very nicely. I love how the sun is sparkling on the water and the wet sand.
This was taken several years ago at my favorite beach at sunset. I have seen hundreds of lovely sunsets at this location, perhaps even thousands. And, I have taken numerous pictures. Each night is different and lovely in itself.
I really love the sparkle the sun makes on the ocean water both at sunset and during the day. During the day the lovely blue water shines like diamonds. In the evening, it takes on a different hue with the pinks, reds, and oranges.
Sparkle as a verb is defined as “shine brightly with flashes of light” and “be vivacious and witty.” As a noun, it is defined as “a glittering flash of light” and “vivacity and wit.” I think this photo captures the light part. And, it is fun to be witty and vivacious. I hope I have both of these covered.
Here are some quotes on sparkle:
- “Never let anyone dull your sparkle.” — Unknown.
- “Don’t be afraid to sparkle a little brighter.” — Unknown
- “Dream Big. Sparkle More. Shine Brightly.” — Unknown
- “People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.” — Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
- “Consider the fact that maybe…just maybe…beauty and worth aren’t found in a makeup bottle, or a salon-fresh hairstyle, or a fabulous outfit. Maybe our sparkle comes from somewhere deeper inside, somewhere so pure and authentic and REAL, it doesn’t need gloss or polish or glitter to shine.”–Mandy Hale
- “Do more of what makes you sparkle.” — Unknown
I am all for being our best and pursuing our dreams. And I agree that true beauty comes from within. So let’s sparkle, be ourselves, and love our life!
Hope you have a great holiday weekend!