Happy Memorial Day! Today is a day all about bravery and sacrifice. We celebrate those who gave their lives for our freedoms. I applaud those men and women who protect me and my family and enable us to enjoy our way of life.
Those killed or injured and the families and friends they leave behind are to be thanked and appreciated for all that they have done. These people are our heroes.
This day is more than just a day off from work or school, more than just a cookout, or the start of summer. It is a day of valor, patriotism, sacrifice, and true and amazing love.
Thanks so much to all those who have ever served in the military or as a police officer or any capacity of protection. Because of you, I can live a free life. That is an amazing gift.
- “For love of country they accepted death… ” ~James A. Garfield
- “They fell, but o’er their glorious grave, Floats free the banner of the cause they died to save.”~Francis Marion Crawford
- “The brave die never, though they sleep in dust: Their courage nerves a thousand living men.”~Minot J. Savage
- “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” ~Joseph Campbell
- “Who kept the faith and fought the fight; The glory theirs, the duty ours.”~Wallace Bruce
- “Peace to each manly soul that sleepeth; Rest to each faithful eye that weepeth…”~Thomas Moore
- “And I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free. And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.”~Lee Greenwood
As the saying goes, Freedom is never free. These amazing veterans and those currently serving know that only too well. May we live lives that are worthy of their sacrifice.