On Sunday evening, Ian and I were riding home from visiting family. We were talking about his evening meal. He said he wanted a snack. Since it was very close to dinner time, I told him it would be dinner.
Then he said, “No Mommy, I don’t want dinner. I want a snack.” I told him that his food would be more like dinner food than snack food. So, the word “Sninner” was born.
Isn’t that a fun combination of Snack and Dinner? Then we thought that maybe “Snanner” would be better. What do you think? Which do you like better? Or do you have another idea?
Sninner or Snanner, that is the question. It was fun to realize that we’d made up a word. I was pretty proud of the two of us. Ian liked it too.
This photo was taken years ago while Ian is eating his sninner after playing at the beach. Actually, I am not sure what time of day it was.
Today I am thankful for:
- Making up words with my son
- Watching his mind at work
- Listening to Ian’s ideas and questions
- Seeing how much Ian loves his daddy and loves to mimic him (in a good and fun way)
- The beauty of a sunny day
- The taste of sweet cantaloupe for breakfast
- Walking to pick up Ian after school
- Watching Ian explore the neighborhood on the walk home from school
- Having bath time after school and plenty of time to play with Ian
- Reading books with a boy who loves them
I wonder if we will create any new words today. I will let you know if we do.