Happy August 3rd! Here it is extremely hot and muggy! How is it in your world? Ian is back in school and so far so good. We go back extremely early but have lots of breaks throughout the year. It just makes for a very hot beginning of school.
Thank goodness for air conditioning, ice cubes, ice-cold water, and ice cream. These all help on miserable days. And on a hot walk home, we are thankful for the shade and breezes that blow. We are also thankful for a quick rain shower.
Most of July I didn’t write blogs. I hope to do a better job this month. We had a very busy summer than just flew by. I tried to have down time along with our activities so that is one reason that I didn’t write very much. And, I am working on new inspiration and what moves me to write.
We had a great summer and had a lot of fun. One evening after running errands, we went to Arby’s and picked up food that we ate at home. The above photo is Ian’s five-minute fry. It was the longest that we have seen and took him five minutes to eat.
On this middle of the first week of August, I am thankful for:
- An amazing summer
- The excitement of a new school year
- Library books
- Play time and down time
- Seeing friends again
- Our amazing teachers and school staff
- My family and friends
- Prayer support
- A boy who is excited and amazed to be a third grader
- Routines and consistency
- Dinner with my parents and aunt
- A backpack that Ian wants to use again
- Food for lunches
- Special times with siblings
- New sneakers that Ian helped choose
- Running errands with Kirk
- Ice water
- Ice cold beer with tacos
- A surprise lunch with a dear friend
- Photos of friends
- Hugs with my guys at the end of the day
I wonder if the rest of the month will be as hot as this week? I imagine it will. We will do our best to stay cool and will make the best of it. Happy August!