We are so blessed to have God’s grace as this song by John Newton, so clearly explains.
- Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
- That saved a wrench like me.
- I once was lost but now am found,
- Was blind, but now I see.
- T’was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
- And Grace, my fears relieved.
- How precious did that Grace appear
- The hour I first believed.
- Through many dangers, toils, and snares
- I have already come;
- ‘Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
- And Grace will lead me home.
- The Lord has promised good to me.
- His word my hope secures.
- He will my shield and portion be,
- As long as life endures.
- Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
- And mortal life shall cease.
- I shall possess within the veil,
- A life of joy and peace.
- When we’ve been there ten thousand years
- Bright shining like the sun.
- We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
- Than when we’ve first begun.
Amen and Amen! Wow, what an amazing comfort! I so needed these words this week!!
Lord, may these words and your Grace be a source of love and comfort for those suffering and dealing with loss today! Amen.