It is hard to believe that Ian just started 1st grade today! It seems like he just got out for summer break. Now, here we are a few months later and it’s time for school to begin again. The summer went by so fast.
He was so excited this morning for school to start. I love that he loves going to school. What a blessing that is! In his class, there are a few of his friends from last year as well as several new students.
Ian was also excited about getting new tennis shoes and a new backpack. This photo is one from this morning. I thought the cropping would be fun and different.
I really hope that he enjoys this year as much as he did last year. His teacher seems nice and she has a nice classroom.
A few quotes about school and education:
- “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.” ~ John Dewey
- “The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives.” ~ Robert Maynard Hutchins
- “The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book.” ~ Author Unknown
- “Often, when I am reading a good book, I stop and thank my teacher. That is, I used to, until she got an unlisted number.” ~ Author Unknown
- “Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.” ~ Malcolm S. Forbes
To all of you with kids going back to school, hope you have a great first day and great school year. To all of the teachers, principals, and school staffs, my hat is off to you and I thank you for all that you do!!