Again this year, we are making ornaments, and making fudge and other treats to give out as gifts. This is our second year of doing so and I love it again this year. I am blessed to have the time to do this at home. I know not everyone can do so.
Last year, I saw a great and very easy recipe for Peppermint Fudge on “The Pioneer Woman” television show. There are only three ingredients. I thought, “I can certainly do that.” Cool. So our fudge gift was born. The great thing is that people really like it.
On Thursday, we had Ian’s class Christmas party. Several parents and his teacher helped me put a great party together and the kids had a blast. We ate yummy pizza with other foods, watched “A Charlie Brown Christmas,” and the kids made three ornaments.
The first craft was two ornaments made out of beads and pipe cleaners. They had a choice between a wreath and candy canes. Some did both and some did two of each. It was fun to see their creativity. The second craft was coloring wooden ornaments with pens and then gluing on small balls for noses or a button. The students had so much fun being crafty and it was great to see!
This photo includes some of the bead ornaments that we made last year and this year. By the end of this year, we will have a few more to add to our tree. I love crafts and much as arts — thus I am an arts and crafts gal!
Here are a few quotes about crafting and creativity:
- “He who works with his hands is a laborer. He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.” — Francis of Assisi
- “Crafting is the best medicine.” — Unknown
- “Write what you don’t know. Imagine, empathize, create. Build something from a fragment of a daydream. Believe in the magic of creation.” — Unknown
- “It’s not just about creativity. It’s about the person you’re becoming while you are creating.” — Charlie Peacock
- “Nothing can rival the incredible rush the act of creation brings. Of crafting something you know is destined to be great for all time.” — Alyson Noel
- “In crafting there are no mistakes. It is your own unique creation.” — Unknown
I wonder what fun and crafty things we will be doing today? I plan to make some fudge, some cookies, and a few more ornaments. Have fun in your crafts too!