Hello and Happy Friday! Hope you have had a great week.
Mine has been pretty good although the heat and pollen seem to be bothering me a little bit. I look forward to some time to rest this weekend.
It was a neat surprise to find out this is based on a true story. What an adventure it would be. I highly recommend it. The scenery was really pretty and the animals were great to watch.
Have you seen this movie from 2011? I would love to hear your comments about it.
Watching this movie is among my blessings as it was fun to watch at home with my hubby. We are homebodies and so enjoy doing that while enjoying a bowl of popcorn.
Another week of great blessings and things to remember. Here they are:
- Going to church with Kirk, my husband, and our son Ian. This is special since Kirk and I met at church — the one where I grew up.
- Enjoying the pipe organ at my father-in-law’s church. The organist did a great job with a variety of hymns.
- Celebrating the words, “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want” in the sermon.
- Learning in Sunday School and hearing Ian play in the nursery during our class. He so enjoys playing there.
- Ian saying, “there is nothing like a cold drink on a hot day.”
- Being involved in a family educational ministry that helps families and children who are taught differently.
- Telling Ian a story at bedtime based on my Grandpa’s character Willie the Elf. Ian enjoys hearing about Willie as much as I used to. I only wish I could tell the stories as well as my Grandpa could.
- Seeing the love between my husband and son as they share a hug before Ian’s bedtime.
- My son running to me for comfort after falling and getting a boo-boo. A kiss and hug from Mommy seemed to work.
- Being reminded by my son that we need to exercise today. That certainly helps with trying to stay on track.
- Planting the bean plants we grew as a home science project. Ian has been able to enjoy this project with his parents and both sets of grandparents. The growth has been amazing.
- Receiving the news that my mother’s rehab for her knee replacement surgery continues to improve. Go Mom!
- Waking up in the morning with my hubby and son. We like cuddle and talking time and enjoy starting our morning together.
- Savoring a few great meals – beer with fish and chips (reminded me of an earlier trip to Scotland), a taco salad with a big glass of water, and a glass of White Zinfandel with a home-cooked meal. I do like the occasional drink.
- Spending time discussing my day with my husband.
- Discovering a friend is having his first photo exhibit.
- After successfully making orange juice pops, Ian told me, “we could make wine pops like orange juice pops.” I like the way he thinks!
These are some of the highlights of the week. I hope that you too have had a week of wonderful blessings and memories.