Summer is over and it is time for school again. Can you believe it? My the summer sure flew by. It was great and busy and so much fun. We had time with friends and family, time to visit the beach, and the mountains as well.
How was your summer? Is it over for you? Not quite yet for many people. Already finished for others. I hope your summer was as good as mine was. I hope you had fun, many blessings, and time to relax.
We enjoyed many sunsets while at the beach. This photo is of one of them. Isn’t it lovely!? A little off-center but still nice.
Here are some things I am thankful for this summer:
- Long walks
- Seeing Ian learn to ride a bike
- Ian reading an entire series of books, which I have just started
- Vacation with my guys
- A quick stop on the way home in New Orleans where I enjoyed beignets
- Meals on my favorite porch with my favorite people (well many of them anyway)
- Card games with a childhood friend
- New games with family
- Visits with dear friends
- Laughs with friends and family
- Hugs and prayer circles with loved ones
- Fish tacos from a favorite restaurant
- Treats from the ice cream truck
- Trip to a theme park with my guys, including Dad
- Jewelry store makings and chatting with Mom
- Outdoor showers
- Flexibility of a family business
- Sleeping in and early morning cuddles
- Hugs and kisses before bed
- Birthday celebrations
- Used bookstores and clothing stores
- Movies and special shows
- Family sing-alongs
- Sunsets at the beach
- Toes in the sand
- Chats with cousins and siblings at the beach
- Our family beach house
- Generations of family enjoying time together
- Special meals out with Kirk
- Extra time to visit and be together
- Art projects and henna tattoos
- Enjoying every single day of the summer — no matter what we were doing or the weather — we did our best to savor it all
Now we are working to get back to our routine. It may be a tough week but we can do it. Routine is good and so we will be back to it very soon.
I was so busy and having such fun that I hardly wrote at all this summer. Sheesh. I meant to write more this month but just didn’t get to it. I will try to do more in August as my schedule is getting back to normal. Please let me know of ideas that you’d like to read about.
Blessings to you and yours. Hope your school year is a great one! And if you are not in school, hope that work is going well.