Hello and Happy New Year! On the second day of 2018, I am amazed that we are in a new year. Last year seems like only yesterday, or two days actually. LOL. They say that time flies when you are having fun. The end of 2017 sure did.
We had fun time with friends and family over the holidays. So many generous gifts, great food, lots of laughter, and fun conversations. It was a blessing to have this time with loved ones as well as some much-needed down time.
The older I get, the more I need time to rest, to process what is happening in my day, and have time to just relax. Now that I am in a new decade, I suppose that is to be expected, right? LOL! Last night, I fell asleep on the couch watching TV. The night before staying up until 12:30 a.m. was too much and I was more tired than I realized. Can’t do that anymore like I used to. Oh well, it was still worth it to see Ian’s excitement at the start of a new year and to celebrate with Kirk and Ian.
This year I am going to try to write more regularly. I cannot believe that I only did two postings in December. The month was super busy so I didn’t get to it. I do, however, love to write and want to do better. I have some topics in mind that will help and appreciate your input on any ideas. We’ll see how my plan to write more goes.
I am also going to work on daily exercise. Even if it is for 30 minutes, I want to do something and then build it up to more time. I want to feel good and not be sore and uncomfortable. I also want to stretch and try some yoga poses. A friend of mine is having great success with that. She is an inspiration.
This new year we will be welcoming new loved ones into the family with babies and weddings. I am excited about the new lives and the engagements over the holidays. What blessings and fun times to celebrate. It is exciting to think that at next Christmas, we will be celebrating baby’s first everything, even though they were there this year.
Today on this last day of winter break, I am thankful for:
- A new griddle for making delicious grilled cheese sandwiches and pancakes
- Ian having the chance to play with several friends
- A full day of fun with dear friends
- Time with my parents, siblings, our spouses, and all of the kids and Kirk’s side as well
- Early dinners out with my guys
- Watching Star Wars: The Last Jedi with Kirk and Ian — great movie
- Sleeping in when we can
- Messy hair and days in our pajamas
- Prayers before meals with loved ones
- Returning to our routine
- Reading a new book
- Listening to a new CD
- The gift of photos
- Hats, gloves, and scarves on a cold day
- The beauty of a cold and sunny day
- Heaters than work and hot coffee, tea, or chocolate
- Time with family to chat, laugh, eat, and enjoy being together
- Hugs at bedtime
- Saying I love you and hearing it back
- Family traditions
- Church music
- Our church family
- Our school family
- Our neighborhood family
- Our friends who are family
- Our immediate and extended family
We have had a wonderful Christmas holiday and hope that you have as well. We wish you a very Happy New Year as you return to your normal routine.