Hi and Happy Wednesday. Tomorrow is my brother Richmond’s birthday! He is the ham in the front. This was taken Christmas of 2016 and is one of the silliest photos we have every taken.
I hope that he has a great day! He surprised me on my recent milestone birthday and I hope to be with him for his. We plan to be and hope those plans will happen.
My brother and sister are real and true blessings and so very dear to me. I love them both so very much, as well as their spouses and children. I am blessed to call Richmond my brother and wish him all the best.
I have so many great memories of us and all the wonderful years we have had together. We get along great as adults and I am so blessed. My love to you dear brother!!!
A few things that I fondly remember and will always cherish:
- Watching movies such as Clue together and laughing so very much
- Prayers with joined hands
- Delicious Mexican food — both at restaurants and home-made
- Sushi and teriyaki meals with the family
- Fun at the beach house
- Our childhood home where we had so much fun
- The Smurfs All Star Show
- Singing together at church and at family gatherings
- Sitting on Grandpa’s lap together for stories
- Being a part of your wedding
- You being in my wedding
- Our kids enjoying hanging out
- What the Beep?
- Your love of U2
- The gift of a U2 ticket — cannot wait
- Having fun with you, Beckie, Kirk and the kids
- Great shows like Psych and Monk
- You and all of your talents
- Your wonderful surprise visit on my birthday
Happy Birthday to you dear Richmond! Happy Birthday to you! Hope your day is fabulous and so much fun! Love you very much!
Happy Monday. Over the weekend, I celebrated my birthday with loved ones. It was a big day too — I am now 50 years old.
So far my 50s have been fabulous and lots of fun. Although I have had a time coming to terms with this age, I realize that age is just a number and I will continue to have fun and enjoy myself. Well, that is my plan.
I found a list of people, items, events, and more that happened in 1967. I realized that I am in very good company. We are all 50 and Fabulous!
1967 was a great year for me and for many others. So, happy 50th to everyone and everything on this list.
- Rolling Stone Magazine
- The Carol Burnett Show
- Harry Connick, Jr.
- The Jungle Book
- 60 Minutes newsmagazine
- Anderson Cooper
- Julia Roberts
- Faith Hill
- Tim McGraw
- Several high school friends and one of my cousins
- Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band album
- The Outsiders book
- The 25th Amendment
- “Respect” by Aretha Franklin
- Lite Bright
- The Graduate movie
- Bonnie and Clyde movie
- Thurgood Marshall being named to the Supreme Court
- Lauren Graham
- Will Ferrell
- Keith Urban
- Nicole Kidman
- Jamie Foxx
- The ATM Machine
- “All You Need Is Love” by The Beatles
- In The Heat of the Night movie
- Hair, The Musical
- Cool Hand Luke movie
- The countertop microwave
- The Flying Nun television show
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
- Billie Jean King’s championship win
- The Chevy Camaro
- The handheld calculator
- The Slurpee drink
- The Big Mac
- Ding-Dongs and Ho-Hos
- The game Battleship
- Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner movie
- “Daydream Believer” by The Monkees
Before I did some research, I had no idea all of these things happened the year I was born, or that all of these people were born that year. I am sure there are a lot more, but this is a great listing for now.
It is amazing to think I have been alive for a half century now. I know what is truly important in my life — my family and friends and spending time with them. For that I am thankful and grateful. Blessings abound! To the next 50!!!!