Hi and Happy Wednesday. Can you believe that it is the last Wednesday of July? I sure can’t. I have been away from this blog for most of this month and wrote almost nothing. I hope to get back to more regular blogs very soon. Our summer has been fun and busy and is now winding down. This week we are very much enjoying since school is starting very soon. We have longer breaks throughout the school year but it does make for a shorter summer.
We didn’t make it to the beach this year but that is okay. We had a few trips to see family and friends in the lovely mountains of North Carolina where it was a bit cooler. We did some shopping and walking around. We also have had a few cookouts, went swimming a few times, had a game night or two, finished some great books, and watched a few movies.
Also, we celebrated Kirk’s birthday and had a few days of parties and special times with him. This summer I also had a high school reunion. I was on the planning committee. We had a great time and a great turnout. I am fortunate to have a class of people who very much enjoy seeing each other and have plenty to catch up on. I will write more on that later.
As this summer winds down, I am thankful for many things. One of them is the view from this photo. It is of the lake that we saw while crossing a bridge.
- Photos of old friends
- Decades-old friendships
- A weekend of chatting and fun with classmates
- Ice cream treats
- Taco Tuesdays
- Watching the movie “Max,” which Ian picked
- Ian finishing three books over the summer
- Dancing The Electric Slide and other favorites
- Watching an old movie with Ian
- New Lego builds and a new stuffed toy
- Watching and talking about the two conventions
- Time to rest and hang out with my guys
- The flexibility of my schedule
- Air conditioning
- Ice water and iced tea
- Cold beer and pizza from a local diner
- Our family pulling together in times of need
- Keeping in touch on a regular basis
- Prayer support for loved ones
- Having time to make many memories
- Late nights and late mornings
- Days at home in our pajamas
- New milestones with Ian
I wonder what we will be doing the rest of this summer? I am not sure since there isn’t much time left. We however will make the best of it. Hope you do the same! God Bless.