“A pretty flower for you Mommy? Would you like it?” For today’s Throwback Thursday, I decided to use an old spring picture of Ian. He seems to be making that offer, doesn’t he? I love his enthusiasm and sharing of a flower — actually a dandelion.
This was taken quite a few years ago on Easter Sunday. He had a lot of fun that day getting an Easter basket, seeing his cousins, and going on an Easter egg hunt. He also liked the service and all of the music. This Easter will include much of the same things.
In the meantime, we are getting spring fever. The weather has drastically warmed up in the last few days. We are enjoying it and making the most of the nice weather. Walking home from school is even more fun as the warm breeze blows through our hair.
On the other hand, we are all sneezing quite a bit since something seems to be blooming. Spring allergies always seem to get me, although I love to watch the trees and flowers come back to life.
This weekend, I will be working on my toenails so I can wear my flip-flops again. These are my go to shoes for spring and summer. I haven’t done much for them in the last few months since I have been in socks most days. We will also be getting out our shorts and short-sleeved shirts again.
On our walk home from school yesterday, Ian reminded me that spring isn’t for weeks. He added that it sure feels nice and warm Mom. I think that the first day of spring is March 20, so it is sooner than I realized.
A few things I am grateful for today are:
- Ice cold glasses of water
- Walks home with a sweet boy
- Our upcoming spring break
- Time with family and friends
- The change in our routine during spring break
- Flip-flops and sunglasses
- Short sleeved shirts
- Time outside with my hubby and son
- Catching up this weekend with old and dear friends
- Anticipation of Holy Week
- Easter and all of the fun involved
- Girls Night Out at the end of the month
- The First Day of Spring
I found a few great quotes about Spring:
- “Springtime is the land awakening. The March winds are the morning yawn.” ~ Lewis Grizzard
- “Spring is nature’s way of saying, “Let’s party!” ~ Robin Williams
- “It’s spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you’ve got it, you want — oh, you don’t quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!” ~ Mark Twain
- “If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.” ~ Anne Bradstreet
- “Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world.” ~ Virgil A. Kraft
- “In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.” ~ Margaret Atwood
I wonder what this spring will bring? I don’t know about you but I cannot wait to find out!