Wow, last year sure went by quickly. It seemed like we just started 2015 and now it’s a whole new year – 2016. Time seems to move more quickly the older I get. Some days seem long and tough but the months seem to fly by.
For the first time this year, our son stayed up until midnight. He was determined to do so and was happy that he did. On January 1st, however, he was quite tired. Doing something for the first time is fun but does have consequences sometimes.
On New Year’s Day we enjoyed watching the Tournament of Roses Parade. I love watching this parade each year. The colors of the floats are lovely and the marching bands are quite talented. Then there are so many horses who cantor and prance along the route.
We know someone this year who helped on one of the floats. It was fun to see her handiwork. Then we have a family friend who was in the parade. We looked for him but didn’t see him. Still knowing people directly involved made it even more special.
That morning we happened upon a New Years’s parade from London, England. It was quite different but just as fun. Many people gathered for that one just as they do in Pasadena, California.
A few quotes about the New Year:
- A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other. ~ Author Unknown
- Youth is when you are allowed to stay up late on New Year’s Eve. Middle age is when you are forced to. ~ Bill Vaughn
- Approach the New Year with resolve to find the opportunities hidden in each new day. ~ Michael Josephson
- We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day. ~ Edith Lovejoy Pierce
- Each New Year’s Day is like starting a treasure hunt again from scratch, with a slightly altered map. ~ Terri Guillemets
- May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions. ~ Joey Adams
- Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right. ~ Oprah Winfrey
- Tomorrow (January 1st) is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Make it a good one. ~Brad Paisley
May we indeed make the most of each day! May we be kind to one another. May we live life to the fullest. May we love and forgive. Hope you have a wonderful, safe, healthy, and prosperous new year! Happy New Year!!!