For today, I decided to include a photo of Ian in the driver’s seat of a fire truck. This was during story time at our library. The fire department came out and allowed the kids to explore the truck.
Clearly you can see how small Ian was. His legs barely went over the end of the seat and he loved sitting there. He was fascinated with the huge steering wheel and all of the gears.
Since then, Ian has grown so much and his legs are very long now. At least compared to those in the photo. He is still shorter than I am, but I imagine that will change in a few years.
Today I am thankful for:
- Memories of a sweet toddler
- Photos showing Ian’s changes
- Chai Latte tea
- Brisk mornings
- Lovely blue skies
- Extra long hugs
- Listening to Ian read a favorite book
- Camping fun with my parents, husband, and son
- Birthday celebrations
- Time with friends and family
- Hearing “I love you” from Kirk and Ian
- A new book
- Bright oranges and reds on the trees
- Warm socks
- The colors, smells, and feel of fall
I wonder what amazing things we will be doing on this lovely fall day? I cannot wait to find out! Take care and have a great day!