Right before we did, Ian asked me, “Mom, can this be a birthday breakfast?.” I said, “Sure Ian.” We then got the lighter and his candle. He blew out his 8 candle, ate his breakfast, and then opened his birthday presents.
He was happy to open them and have us talk about the day he was born. However, he said he wasn’t 8 years old yet since it wasn’t yet the time that he was born. This comment made me smile.
Last night, Ian helped me make cupcakes for his class for snack time. He was thrilled about that. Tonight we will celebrate some more. Then tomorrow will be parties and more fun.
On this rainy Friday morning, Ian went to school and was happy to be there. I think he will have fun celebrating with his classmates.
Today I am thankful for:
- A child who smiles as he opens his gifts
- A boy who reads pages from his new book before school starts
- Morning hugs and cuddles
- Birthday fun and celebrations
- Time with dear friends and family
- Watching Ian as he looks at baby pictures and sees information about his birth
- The blessing of motherhood
- My husband and son
- Hot coffee with creamer
- Raincoats on a messy morning
- A garage door opener
- Socks and rain boots
- The start of fall break
- 8 birthdays with Ian
I wonder how our birthday weekend will be? I think it will be fun and very special. And, I cannot wait to enjoy it!