For today’s Throwback Thursday, I decided to include a photo of Ian from fall 2011. He turned 4 years old that year.
He was fascinated with these pine cones. He was in a corduroy outfit and very curious. He is still curious about life around him and a great reader!
I just love the fall. This is my favorite time of year in Tennessee and North Carolina. I love the brisk mornings and evenings, the warmer days, and the lovely blue skies. I love that there isn’t the humidity of summer, and even on rainy days, it’s okay since we can be inside and enjoying baking and relaxing.
- My mom’s pumpkin bread
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes
- Pumpkin pie and pumpkin cookies
- Long-sleeved shirts and sweaters
- Fuzzy socks
- Soups and chowder
- Clear blue skies
- Cool nights
- Vibrant orange and red leaves
- Football games
- Being outside without sweating the entire time
- Shorter days and time inside together
- Fall premieres of favorite television shows
- Birthday and anniversary celebrations
- The smells of apples, cinnamon, maple, and nutmeg
- Brisk walks and bike rides
- Soccer games
- The World Series
- The fun of a camp fire or bonfire
- Hayrides and choosing a pumpkin for Halloween
A few quotes about fall/autumn:
- “Of all the seasons, autumn offers the most to man and requires the least of him.” ~Hal Borland
- “Just as a painter needs light in order to put the finishing touches to his picture, so I need an inner light, which I feel I never have enough of in the autumn.” ~Leo Tolstoy, to Nikolay Strakhov
- “Somewhere along the way, I realized that the new year doesn’t begin for me in January. The new and fresh has always come for me in the Fall. Ironically, as leaves are falling like rain, crunching beneath my feet with finality, I am vibrating with the excitement of birth and new beginnings…. My year begins in Autumn.” ~Betsy Cañas Garmon
- “Autumn mornings: sunshine and crisp air, birds and calmness, year’s end and day’s beginnings.” ~Terri Guillemets
I wonder what this fall holds in store? I can’t wait to find out. Have a great one!