Hi and Happy Thursday! It is hard to believe that today is the 3rd day of September. We are almost finished with our 5th week of school. Wow, time flies by. This summer seems but a memory now. We had a great time and made some fabulous memories.
Our summer went by so quickly and was just nine weeks. Not enough time in my opinion since I always want more summer and more down time and more time without our usual schedule. But, then again, would it be as special and magical if it went on and on? Something to think about.
This photo is from a few summers ago. Ian was having a great time playing at the beach. He loves it as much now as then. He likes to do some things on his own and also play with his cousins. It was great family time and lots of it. We had that many other years as well and are so very fortunate.
So many summer memories are precious and ones that I love. My favorite place to spend the summer is at the beach in San Diego, California. The weather is usually just right. There is very little humidity and it is cool at night. That is what I grew up with and now what Ian is growing up with.
Soon it will be fall/autumn. That is my favorite season in both Tennessee and North Carolina. I love all things fall. For now though, I am enjoying my wonderful summer memories. Hope you have them as well.
Today, I am thankful for:
- Seeing cousins this summer after several years
- Catching up with dear friends who I hadn’t seen in a few years
- Walks at the beach and back and forth to our motel
- Fish tacos on the beach house porch
- Healing from an injury from the beach trip
- The ocean waves and breezes
- A house that has been in my family for generations
- Memories of ice cream treats
- Sharing so many special times with my hubby and son
- Sunsets and photo opportunities
- Family bonding time
- Laughter and singing with family and friends
- Two parties for my parents’ 50th anniversary
- Another wonderful summer
I wonder what our next summer will bring? I am sure it will also be fun. Until then, I will enjoy the fall, winter, and spring.