This photo makes me smile since there are so many amazing memories of this beach and being with them throughout my life. I don’t remember this particular day since I was so young, but I love having this photo. It is a real treasure.
I am blessed to have quite a few precious photos from my childhood. I cherish each and every one of them and am so happy for all of those who have come before me in my family. I have learned so much and hope to carry on the traditions.
Several generations of my family have held hands during prayer time. We do this before meals and other special occasions. We normally stand in a circle and join hands. It is wonderful and full of such love.
There are many things I like to have in my hand. These include:
- Holding hands with loved ones during a prayer
- Holding hands with Ian as we cross the street on the way to school
- Holding hands with my parents before our meals together
- Holding hands on a date with my hubby
- Kirk and I holding Ian’s hands as we walk and then pick him up and swing him
- The feel of sand at the beach
- A fish taco and beer — what a yummy meal
- An ice cream cone on a hot day
- A pencil before writing a note
- A pen for my word finds
- A book that I am enjoying
- A newspaper that I read to find out the latest community news
- A large glass of iced water to quench my thirst
- A hymnal to sing glorious songs at church
- A camera to capture a special moment
- A hot cup of tea or coffee on a cold morning
- A Lego creation by Ian that he wants to show me
- A magazine for time to relax
- Chopsticks for a yummy meal
- Food of various kinds to prepare a special meal
- Dice that are thrown during a Monopoly Game
- Cards for Go Fish
- Dirt in the yard for planting flowers
- The steering wheel of our car on a Sunday drive
- My Bible and other study material
- A crayon to color with Ian
- A gift of jewelry from my family
- A photo album of priceless photos
There are many more items than this that I enjoy having “In My Hand.” What do you like to hold in your hand?