What The? Just one week left of summer? How is that possible? Where did the time go? How did it get here so fast? So I have to buy school supplies to buy this week? No more late nights during the week and sleeping in?
It seems we just started our summer and now it is nearly over. My time flies when you are having fun! And we had a lot of fun and a great summer. Hope your summer has been great as well.
It is hard to believe that one week from today, Ian will start 2nd grade. He is starting his fourth year of school and that is amazing to me. He loved preschool, kindergarten, and 1st grade. And, now for 2nd grade.
I wonder who his teacher will be? We should find that out in a day or two. I wonder what friends will be in his class? I hope several that he has known and he can always make more.
We love school so the transition will be good. I just always want more summer and more time to enjoy one another without our normal commitments and schedules.
We have had a great summer and have done so many fun things. We have made memories, spent time with many loved ones, and have so enjoyed a relaxing schedule.
This photo was taken in the mountains in California. Here are Ian and I in the meadow on our amazing visit. That was a great day and one of our many fond memories.
This week we will purchase his school supplies, get back on our school schedule, and get our minds back on school. Still we will enjoy the last few days of summer with games, swimming, and plenty of other activities.
Some of our summer highlights were:
- Monopoly games that took days to finish
- Treats from the ice cream truck
- Flying on a jet plane
- Singing around the piano with my family and friends as my aunt played for us
- Swimming with my brother, sister, and our families
- Holding hands with more than 20 family members before a shared meal
- Having Ian play with his cousins and friends
- Completing some great books
- Pizza at a favorite place in town
- Going to a minor league baseball game
- Seeing our skating-in-slow-motion friend and skateboarding dog at the beach
- Laughs and memories with many loved ones
- Celebrating the life of a friend who passed away last summer
- Having Ian finish reading “Charlotte’s Web” and then build a Lego set of the characters in the story
- Celebrating my parent’s 50th anniversary in two different cities
- Celebrating my hubby’s birthday and several other loved ones as well
- Taking time each day to enjoy each other’s company and truly listen to one another
- Having Ian complete nine books in our library’s summer reading program
I wonder if I can savor this last week of the summer of 2015? I plan to do just that and enjoy all of the memories that we made.