Hi and Happy July! Hope you are having a great summer! I just returned from a wonderful week in San Diego, CA. I was there with my family for a family reunion and 50th anniversary celebration.
It was fun spending time with so many loved ones. I am blessed to have a family who despite our many differences, we have learned a way to have fun and enjoy being together. We have lively discussions and don’t agree with everything, but still respect one another’s opinion. And, love underlies all that we do.
I love these people so very much. So, it was a true and amazing blessing to see them — parents, aunts and uncles, cousins, siblings, nieces and nephews, and friends. So many people and so much love. My grandparents would have loved seeing all of us!
Over the years of growing up, we spent a lot of summers together. We have many fond memories of our time together. Now, many of my cousins and I have our own children who are also enjoying time together. Now, four generations have enjoyed this special family time.
Because of our week of visiting, laughing, eating, walking, swimming, and enjoying the ocean and beach, I have been off the computer. Taking a break was nice but I am glad to be back. I plan to write more regularly for the rest of the month and summer.
Our reunion party included a 50th Anniversary celebration for my parents. This was in the same room of the family church where my great-grandparents had celebrated their 50th. In another room at the same church, my grandparents celebrated their 50th as well. It is wonderful to have such long line of great marriages in our family.
A few highlights were:
- Eating dinner on the beach house porch with 22 other family members
- Catching up with cousins
- Family sing-along time around a piano
- The lovely harmonies of a favorite family song
- My aunt’s amazing piano playing by ear
- Old family photos
- Breakfast out with family at a favorite location
- Posing for new photos with more family members and friends
- Walks on the beach
- Swimming in the bay
- Spending a few nights at the beach house
- Holding hands and praying before meals
- Swimming at the motel one morning with my brother, sister, and our families
- Getting fish tacos with my cousin and another time with my siblings and our families
- A trip to the bead store
- Traveling to the mountains with my mom and her two sisters
- Watching Ian have fun with his cousins
- Standing at the sea wall at sunset
- Ice cream treats from the ice cream truck
- Time with my parents and celebrating their long and amazing marriage
I wonder when I will next see my amazing and wonderful family? I sure hope it’s soon. I so love all of them and cannot wait to see them again.