Hi and Happy Friday! Hope you have a great 4th of July weekend. I am looking forward to the time, although it will be raining for much of it.
Here I am pictured with Kirk in our 4th of July finest. This was taken in Fort Pierce, FL, before Ian was born. Seems like forever ago.
I always enjoy our Independence Day celebration — with a cookout, flags waving, patriotic music, and fireworks. It is a time to enjoy and have fun with family and friends.
I also like to stop and be appreciative of the freedoms our country has. I feel blessed to have them. I also like to thank those who have made this freedom possible. Thanks to our veterans and current servicemen and women. Because of you, we can live in the land of the free and the home of the brave.
Here are a few quotes about Independence Day and freedom:
- My patriotic heart beats red, white, and blue. ~ Author Unknown
- From every mountain side, Let Freedom ring. ~ Samuel F. Smith, “America”
- You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism. ~ Erma Bombeck
- Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed – else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die. ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower
- And I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free. And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.~ Lee Greenwood
I wonder if we can truly appreciate our freedoms and live life to the fullest while being kind and loving to others? I hope and pray that we can! Hope you have a great weekend.